JEE main 2018 eligibility criteria will confirm that which candidates can apply for JEE Main 2018 exam and what will be the required qualifications to apply for the exam. JEE main 2018 eligibility criteria include educational qualification, a number of attempts and age limit and these criteria are different for different passing years. You may check out complete details about eligibility criteria of JEE main 2018.
JEE main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification and Pass percentage
- All candidates must pass their senior secondary examination within compulsory PCM subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- All candidates must have studied any one subject from Biotechnology, Computer Science or Biology as optional subject.
- All candidates should possess minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCM.
- Candidates should not be born before 1st October 1990 to be eligible for JEE main 2016.
- Age relaxation of 5 year will also be there for SC/ST/PwD candidates and such candidates should be born before 1st Oct 1985.
- Date of birth will be considered only which is mentioned in Board certificate or any university certificate.
Year of Passing
- A candidates will be eligible for JEE main exam if and only if he passed his 12th class examination or any other qualifying exam. Candidates who are currently in 12th standard can also apply for JEE main 2018 exam.
- Each candidate must have studied at least five subjects in his/her 12th class or any other qualifying examination.
- Those candidates who have appeared first but failed and then again appeared in and passed, are not allowed to appear in JEE main 2018.
- Candidates who have studied just four subjects, are not allowed in JEE main 2018.
Number of Attempts allowed
- One candidates can appear only three times in JEE main examination and he would have to satisfy all conditions mentioned above.
- Odisha, Nagaland, Maharashtra and Gujarat have also joint in JEE main 2018 examination.
JEE main 2018 eligibility criteria for droppers
JEE main eligibility for droppers will be same as mentioned above and year of qualification, age limits and other eligibility conditions for droppers will be same as other candidates. To get more details about the same, check out this article carefully.
Note: More details about JEE main 2018 eligibility criteria will be updated when official notification for exam will be released by JEE main 2017 department.