JEE main 2016 eligibility criteria will confirm that which candidates can apply for JEE main 2016 exam and what will be the required qualifications to apply for exam. JEE main 2016 eligibility criteria includes educational qualification, number of attempts and age limit and these criteria are different for different passing years. You may check out complete details about eligibility criteria of JEE main 2016.
JEE main 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification and Pass percentage
- All candidates must passed their senior secondary examination within compulsory PCM subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- All candidates must have studied any one subject from Biotechnology, Computer Science or Biology as optional subject.
- All candidates should possess minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCM.
- Candidates should not be born before 1st October 1990 to be eligible for JEE main 2016.
- Age relaxation of 5 year will also be there for SC/ST/PwD candidates and such candidates should be born before 1st Oct 1985.
- Date of birth will be considered only which is mentioned in Board certificate or any university certificate.
Year of Passing
- A candidates will be eligible for JEE main exam if and only if he passed his 12th class examination or any other qualifying exam in year 2014 or 2015. Candidates who are currently in 12th standard can also apply for JEE main 2016 exam.
- Each candidate must have studied at least five subjects in his/her 12th class or any other qualifying examination.
- Those candidates who have appeared first in year 2012 but failed and then again appeared in 2014 and passed, are not allowed to appear in JEE main 2016.
- Candidates who have studied just four subjects, are not allowed in JEE main 2016.
Number of Attempts allowed
- One candidates can appear only three times in JEE main examination and he would have to satisfy all conditions mentioned above.
- Odisha, Nagaland, Maharashtra and Gujarat have also joint in JEE main 2016 examination.
- JEE main 2016 important formula sheets download
- JEE Main 2016 Most Important Chapters to prepare
- JEE Main 2016 most important topics to prepare
- How to Crack JEE mains 2016-17 (17 Tips) in 3-6 months
JEE main 2016 eligibility criteria for droppers
JEE main eligibility for droppers will be same as mentioned above and year of qualification, age limits and other eligibility conditions for droppers will be same as other candidates. To get more details about the same, check out this article carefully.
Note: More details about JEE main 2016 eligibility criteria will be updated when official notification for exam will be released by JEE main 2016 department.